I’m a big fan of granola bars, but not so much of the extra fillers that are present in many of the packaged ones in the store. No need to fret, they are super simple to make at home.
Beware these are super tasty! 🙂
- 2 cups de-pitted dates
- 1 cup finely ground gluten-free oats
- 1 cup all natural nut butter
- 1/4 cup carob chips or dark chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw cacao to make extra chocolatey
- Soak dates in warm water overnight. I also soaked the oats in a cup of warm water overnight.
- Blend dates, oats and nut butter on high for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Make sure the ingredients are well mixed together.
- When you take this off you should be able to squeeze the mixture together well.
- If it is too dry then you will need to add more nut butter.
- Push into a lined parchment paper container. I use a Tupperware container that could hold two small bananas
- Push the mixture down into the container. Add the chips on top and push until it is really firmly packed down.
- Put in the fridge to harden. Cut into squares or bars. (Mine came out a bit mushy, so I popped them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to speed up the process).
On the Positive Side?
Today’s recipe is a gift from Angela Zimmerlé (Cacciavillani). Angela is a mamapreneur with a sweet son. She is a Canadian citizen living in the gorgeous Alsace France with her French husband. Founder of HOOHappiness.com, she helps families start living a more natural life one simple step at a time.
One of the main tools she uses to do this is pure therapeutic grade essential oils! She also mentors a team on how to create their own thriving international online health and wellness business.
To learn more about Angela or what she does please visit hoohappiness.com
Do you have an endo friendly recipe to share? I’d love to feature it! Get in touch with me here.