Episode 42 of the Peace with Endo Podcast includes a conversation I had with April Christina, a fellow endo sister, advocate, wellness and beauty blogger that I had the pleasure of connecting with at the endo march a few years back.
On the show today we talked:
- The power of community of women who understand what you’re going through;
- How endo can impact your relationships and tips on how to manage in a romantic relationship with a chronic condition;
- The role of faith with chronic illness, and how gratitude is super helpful when it comes to the hard times.
- How acupuncture has helped her naturally reduce pain with endometriosis.
- How creative activities can help you express yourself and find purpose in this life that can bring pain.
⬆️ Take a listen above.
April Christina is a New York City based wellness and beauty blogger. She received her Bachelors of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science with a minor in Psychology in hopes to pursue her goal of becoming a chemistry professor.
But after being diagnosed with endometriosis in December of 2010, her goal then changed. April reevaluated what mattered most to her in life. She wanted to spread her knowledge and life experiences with endometriosis. She decided to turn her pain into purpose by educating others about their health.
April Christina is now focused on promoting holistic approaches to the human body. In 2019, April launched The Endo Brunch. This brunch was created for women and their supporters to have fun, meet other women with conditions like endometriosis, and to have access to information that can make them the healthiest person they can be – mind, body, and soul. On her free time April loves to sing, paint, and spend time with her husband Greg.